We are now the only team in Poland that, as an interdisciplinary team, participated in the FASD diagnostic training at the UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON MEDICAL CENTER in Seattle (USA).
· We have received certificates for conducting diagnosis according to FASD 4-Digit Diagnostic Code.
· We have been trained in the use of the FAS Facial Photographic Analysis Software which is necessary for diagnosis.
· We personally talked to Ph. D. Susan J. Astley and her clinical team about the problems of children with FASD that we meet at our foundation.
· We were able to observe how a university institution specializing in FAS / FASD diagnosis works, thanks to which we can improve the activities of our Foundation.
· We learned how few specialists in Poland diagnose FASD correctly and with the interdisciplinary team and conduct appropriate therapy for children with FASD.
· We learned what popular mistakes are observed in FASD diagnostics in Poland and in the opinion of the public. We know how to avoid them and how to educate society.
· We learned how high the risk of making a mistake is to diagnose the FASD disease by one or even several specialists who do not work together and at the same time.
· We studied, incl. by observing full FASD diagnoses, what the correct diagnostic path and cooperation of all specialists should look like, including cooperation with a doctor.
· We have constant contact with Ph. D. Astely – we use the knowledge and advice of the best diagnosticians in the world.
· We learned how a wide range of recommendations for children with FAS / FASD include post-diagnostic recommendations.
· We learned the exact recommendations – research and therapies recommended for children with FAS / FASD in the US.
· We learned how high the FASD prevalence is in Poland and neighboring countries compared to other countries in the world.
· Thanks to courtesy of Dr. Astley, we got access to the FASD research database. Thanks to this, we constantly update our knowledge about the disease.